I received an inquiry as to the inspiration for the title of my blog. It's a line from a poem by Keats.
When I Have Fears
When I have fears that I may cease to be
Before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,
Before high-piled books, in charactery,
Hold like rich garners the full ripen'd grain;
When I behold, upon the night's starr'd face,
Huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
And think that I may never live to trace
Their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;
And when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
That I shall never look upon thee more,
Never have relish in the faery power
Of unreflecting love;--then on the shore
Of the wide world I stand alone, and think
Till love and fame to nothingness do sink.
I suppose I could have called it Never Have Relish, but that might be misconstrued.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pretty soon we'll be able to transfer our complete mental imprint, with all our memories and personality, onto a computer chip the size of a pimple. While are bodies are turning to slush ten feet under, the chips can continue to produce masterpieces (or, in my case, reams of tiresome drivel). Then all this moaning about human mortality can be put behind us.
There will be computer viruses developed to wipe out the naughty chips.
And who will care if you don't have morality?
Don't take the chip!
The borg reality isn't so far fetched.
Post a Comment